Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Visiting Justin

Over the three day weekend, we went down to visit Justin and was grateful that it was only a 2 1/2 hour trip to see him (although it took a little longer with a stop to feed Danny). Danny did great, and as we got closer and closer to seeing Justin, JD was starting to lose it. That poor kid. He misses his daddy so much and couldn't wait any longer to see him. Unfortunately, Justin told me to enter the address to where he is currently living on base into my GPS, and it took me to a gate that wasn't open. I called Justin and he told me to put the name of the gate instead, and that took me no where near where I wanted to be.

After lots and lots of trying to figure out where I was suppose to go, I finally looked it up on my phone and figured out the street name of the gate I needed to get to in order to get on the base. We were excited to see Justin, and I couldn't begin to tell you how happy JD was.

We didn't do anything exciting the first day. We switched phone plans and got new phones, that took an hour and a half, then we went to Target to get Justin new sheets for his bed since he didn't like the ones he'd been sleeping on the past few months, and now he doesn't have to make his bed a certain way anymore either. We went to 5 Guys for dinner and then spent the remainder of the night at the hotel until it was time for Justin to head back to the barracks.


The next day we visited the new ward we'd be going to when we moved down there, and then played tourist for the rest of the morning/afternoon. We got some yummy crepes, and then walked around the Pier. Afterwards we went to Dennis the Menace park and JD had a blast playing. The last time we went to that park with JD, he had just turned 1 and had just started to walk. He loved it this time and was able to do everything on his own.





We took a quick visit to the PX and commissary there before we headed to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the 49ers and Seahawk game. We didn't know where else to go since we no longer had a hotel room because the boys and I were leaving that night to get back home, so this seemed like a good place to hang out at. It was crazy in there, I've never been there during a major sporting event so it was fun/interesting to see. We didn't get seated until the end of the 3rd quarter, although we were shocked that we even got seated while the game was still on. That game was depressing towards the end and we headed out before everyone else did.

We said our goodbyes to Justin and went back home. It was a quick visit, but we were glad we were able to go down and see him. I cannot wait until we move there and get to live with each other again!




No comments:

Post a Comment