Thursday, July 24, 2014

JD Starts Preschool

"When I grow up I want to be Coco Crisp" - JD McKissick

I realize that it is still summer and JD is starting preschool! Weird, right? JD has been on a waiting list for preschool the last 4 months, and when we were finally offered a spot, the latest we could start was today otherwise we'd be pushed back to the end of the line again. I did not want to wait any longer so we said yes, and JD loved his first day! I had no problems dropping him off and he was super excited to go! When I went to pick him up they were sitting on the floor singing a song and JD loved it. When I asked him what he did that day he told me he got to play outside and that was about all. I know they do more in there, and I didn't get a chance to ask the teachers with all the parents picking up their kids, but I'll find out next time! When I asked him if he wanted to go back, he said no... but that's typical of JD with a lot of things. He always says he doesn't want to do something, but he ends up going back and loving it (like swimming and KinderJam). I can't believe JD is already starting preschool... only 2 more years until he starts Kindergarten.

It was definitely weird not having JD around for 3 hours, but that means more bonding time for Danny and I! I wasn't sure if I liked having JD gone... but I'm sure the more he goes the more I will appreciate those days he's not at home. My kids need to stop growing up...

No comments:

Post a Comment